Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4[S] and iPad 2
This is a guide to jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 with Absinthe for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, using @pod2g's Corona on your iPhone 4[S] or iPad 2.
This is an untethered jailbreak, so you can boot your device without a PC or Mac.
- Ensure you have iTunes installed
- Ensure you do not have a passcode on your device
- Download the latest version of Absinthe from greenpois0n.com
- Unzip the contents of the file you downloaded
- Open the Absinthe app
- Plug in your iPad 2 or iPhone 4[S]
- Click Jailbreak
- When the process has completely finished, open the Absinthe app on your device
- The app will then install Cydia and reboot
- You now have an Untethered jailbreak! - Please don't use it for piracy :(.
If you're still having problems, sign onto IRC
and ask (politely!) in the channel, or ask on JailbreakQA