How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1
This is a guide to jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 with redsn0w and @pod2g's Corona.
iPad 2 or iPhone 4[S] user? Read here.
An untethered jailbreak allows you to boot your device without a PC or Mac.
This guide assumes you are already on iOS 5.0.1. If you are not, you can download the IPSW for your device from here, and restore in iTunes - Unlockers, don't do this!
- Download redsn0w. - Windows (0.9.10b3), Mac (0.9.10b3)
- Unzip the redsn0w file to your desktop.
- Plug in your device, and turn it off.
- Click "Jailbreak" on redsn0w's first screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode.
- Allow redsn0w to do its thing.
- When the device has booted, close redsn0w.
- You now have an Untethered jailbreak! - Please don't use it for piracy :(.
If you're still having problems, sign onto IRC
and bug cj
, or ask on JailbreakQA