How to use iFaith to save the SHSH for your current firmware
This is a guide to using iFaith, a tool by @iH8sn0w to save SHSH for the firmware your device currently runs.
- iPhone 3G[S]
- iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA)
- Apple TV 2G
- iPod Touch 2G
- iPod Touch 3
- iPod Touch 4
- iPad 1
On firmwares 3.1.1 → 5.0.1
How do I save my SHSH blobs with iFaith?
- Download iFaith from iH8sn0w.com
- Unzip the .zip file
- Run the iFaith.exe
- The first screen should look as below. Click "OK".
- Next, you will see this screen. To save SHSH, you must click "Dump SHSH Blobs".
- Read this next screen carefully. When you understand the instructions, click "Proceed".
- Read the credits screen, and be sure to take note of the fact that my name is there ;). Click "let's go!".
- This box will appear.
If you are dumping blobs for an Apple TV 2, click "Yes", otherwise, click "No".
- Follow the onscreen instructions on how to enter DFU mode.
- iFaith will then run. Watch the progress bar on the screen. This should only take a few minutes.
- After iFaith has processed your blobs, you will be presented with a screen asking you to save the blobs. Keep them in a safe place.
- iFaith will then save them to the server and finish.
How do I make a restorable IPSW with iFaith?
- Open iFaith
- Click "OK" on the screen as shown below.
- On the next screen, click "Build *signed* IPSW w/Blobs".
- Then, on the next screen, click "Browse for SHSH blobs cache"
- Find the blobs you saved earlier and open them.
- Then choose whether you want to browse for the IPSW or have iFaith download it for you.
- Wait while iFaith verifys the IPSW.
- Click "Build IPSW".
- Wait for iFaith to build the IPSW
- On the next screen, click "Proceed" and follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode. Let iREB run.
- Then SHIFT + Click restore in iTunes and select the newly made iFaith IPSW on your desktop.
- Your device should now restore to the firmware.