Enable Colloquy Push with ZNC
Colloquy push allows you to recieve IRC messages/highlights from ZNC to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad via the native "push" feature built into iOS.
Setup the colloquy module in ZNC
If you do not already have the module enabled on ZNC, download and install it:
curl -LO http://icj.me/dl/colloquy.cpp znc-buildmod colloquy.cpp mv colloquy.so .znc/modules/
In your irc client, do:
/znc loadmod colloquy
Once you have the module loaded, you can then use /msg *colloquy help for a list of options.
Setup on the iOS device
- Open the Colloquy app, and tap the [ + ] button in the top left hand corner.
- Select "IRC Connection".
- Enter the server name of your BNC in the "Address" box.
- Important: Click the "Push Notifications" button, and turn them ON.
- Ignore the "Network Identity" and "Automatic Actions" sections, unless you want to change them.
- Click the "Advanced" button
- Change the server port to the one that your server uses. Toggle the SSL button if neccessary.
- In the "Authentication" section, do the following:
- Put your ZNC username in the "Username" box.
- Put your ZNC password in the "Password" box.
- Ignore the "Nick Pass" section.
- Click the button at the top left of the page to go back to the main section.
- Close the colloquy app.
- Reopen the Colloquy app, you should be prompted with a "Colloquy would like to send you Push Notifications" alert. Click OK.
- Click the [ Connect ] button.
- Then go back to your IRC client, and do the following:
/msg *colloquy list
- You should see your iOS device's name in the list, along with options configured.
- You can then go into the Settings app on your iOS device, and configure keywords to highlight, etc.